Monday, January 21, 2013

BOOTCAMP!



Today begins bootcamp at OWH! Paula posted a great tutorial- a design bootcamp! The lesson today is about basic color theory and you must check it out- Paula's explanations are clear and easy to follow. And there are a lot of fantastic cards showing each theory in practice!

http://operationwritehome.org/the-abcs-of-color-basic-color-theory/

I decided to do a monochromatic color harmony. You may not be able to see it, but I used versamark and the paisley stamp from the PS set and stamped on the background solid blue paper. I colored the pearls with copics and I used blending solution on a square of terry cloth to make a demin texture to the pockets.


Supplies:
Paper Smooches stamps
Farmhouse papers
Copics B93, B95, B99
Queen and Co pearls
The Paper Studio star embossing folder

I hope to try some of the other color schemes in the tutorial. I was checking out some of my recent cards and it seems that the cards I like the best make the most sense color-wise! Who knew?  Lol

Have a fantastic week and thanks for stopping by!
Diane

3 comments:

  1. What a clever way to get the detail of the denim texture in those cute little pockets! The blue gingham goes great with the denim look and adds some nice contrast too. This is a nice sample of a monochromatic design. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jean look. Great card!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICELY DONE!!! I'm interested I that terry-cloth technique! It might make a very cool tutorial!! NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!!! :)
    Nancy @ operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10