Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sketch lovin'!

Happy sunny Sunday! I really enjoyed working with today's sketch from OWH. I also tried today to use more of my scraps so you will see some of the same papers used in a few of the cards. Nothing fancy but I like the cards....

165




This one is my overall favorite-using a Fiskars punch; I like the black and blue contrast and the shine from the rhinestones.

I lke the PTI plane and banner- and I have the dies to go with the stamps- makes it easy-no fussy cutting!


Super simple- no punch border on this one- and I am good with the simplicity of it...goes with the sentiment! Not planned- but hey- it works! lol

The sentiment is from MFT and the boots are from Paper Smooches.


I wanted the boots to look well worn and lived in so I added some texture. Too lazy to get up and get my bottle of Copic clear blender- I just scribbled some from the 0 marker on my cutting mat and wiped it up with a small piece of gauze. (Now gauze... I keep in my copics case, so it was handy-no moving from my seat!) You have to wipe quickly before it dries. Then I just pressed the gauze onto each boot-I made sure my copic ink was completely dry before I did this. It takes off just enough ink to make the boots look weathered! I love how they looked scuffed and hard working!


Those are my cards for today. I need to stamp the back of a whole bunch of cards, tuck the envelopes and get the box ready to send to Kris later this week to make sure my 'Mom' cards make the deadline. 

Can you believe next Sunday is Easter? Looking forward to some family time and the girls coming home from college!

Have a wonderful week and craft on!
Diane

8 comments:

  1. Great job with all the cards. The butterfly is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of cards! They're all so pretty and those well-worn boots are looking mighty spiffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a GREAT batch of cards! I'm impressed with all you got done and I love the CAS look of them. And how great it is to use up scraps?

    I've read that trick with the gauze before, but had forgotten it. Maybe because my gauze is never near my copics. I'm going to have to move a piece! Super job and you're going to make a bunch of people really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers...uber outstanding cards...I love them all, but the first ia my fave...so much great detail! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh busy lady. Each one of these cards are terrific. Thanks for the hint about the boots. Nice to know. I, like you, love the black and blue combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you combined the colors and patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Guacomole girl, what a fantastic group of cards. Love the blue and green combo. The boots are amazing, what a great technique. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10