Sunday, January 5, 2014

Plethora of Cards!




Welcome!
I have several cards to share with you today!(OK- 5- not a plethora...but it seemed like a lot! )

First up: January's Our Daily Bread Designs challenge is to use stripes on our cards. http://operationwritehome.org/odbd-january-challenge-2/  The oh so generous folks at ODBD not only will pay for shipping for 2 boxes of cards to be sent to our troops if 50 of us makes cards for the challenge; they also give prizes to 2 of the card makers...EVERY month! They are an awesome company!



Next up- we have this week's OWH sketch.  This is one of my favorites- love the layers and love the circles! Here is Cheryl's inspiration card:  
206 sample
and you can visit Cheryl here:  http://scrappinforourtroops.blogspot.com/2013/10/owh-midweek-throwdown-color-challenge.html

206



My card is made from a digi stamp by Some Odd Girl, Authentique papers, copics, googly eyes, twine and spellbinders dies.




And here are a few more cards I made recently. I received my recent receipt from Sandy and I donated 533 cards in 2013! I was surprised by the number- yeah me- but realized that there are lots of cards that I do not post on my blog. So- I am going to try to post more of the cards I make- not just those for challenges. So here are a few cards- and you may notice a recent trend of mine- YELLOW!




 I needed more paper for card bases- I use Bazzill Card Shoppe Marshmallow- it is a nice, heavy weight..so I ordered more white but also got a pack of 25 sheets of Sour Lemon-- love it! Nice and sunny without being over the top bright yellow! 
And here is my tip for this week....did you know you can use your American Express points at Amazon? I got 3 packages of marshmallow and the 1 package of sour lemon-- for free! This is 200 card bases of very fine quality paper --just for using a card I use anyway! I like using my points on papercrafting items- I like this paper; it is more expensive but totally worth it- but when I do not have to pay- that is an extra perk!

And don't forget to comment on my Top 13 of 2013, 1/1/14 post to be entered into a drawing! 

http://dianecreateswithpaper.blogspot.com/2014/01/welcome-new-year-with-re-cap-of-2013.html

My niece Cori (Cori, Cori, Cori-in case you are counting!) came over this weekend and colored some cute images. We did not have time to make cards- she is headed back to school today- her last semester working on her Masters degree- gooooo Cori! (that is 5!) And Maggie - yes Maggie- is coming over today to interview me for a video. Yup- Maggie is visiting today! OK- so these 2 darlings COUNTED how many times they were mentioned in my blog in 2013 and razzed me that sisters Tessa and Paige made the news more often--so this year I will do my best to spread the love around! (I did tell Cori that she needed to do more exciting things to make the blog....LOL!) Oops-just got a text from Maggie! Maggie will be here in a while- so have to run!
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!
Diane 

12 comments:

  1. I like those bright colors on your gratitude card. And both of those penguin cards are adorable. Great use of them with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your cards are just fabulous! I so love this week's sketch take with those adorable penguins! Great interpretation on the sketch, executed so professionally. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one of these cards are precious. I love each one for a different reason. Gotta run, busy night, talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your penguin cards are super cute. All the cards are wonderful! i really want to buy some fun circle dies so I can have some rocking matting. tfs and pushing me just a wee bit closer to a buying spree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards and I am loving the cute penguins you used on the OWH Sketch card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: I forgot to mention that I can also use my Discover points at Amazon and LOVE that bonus feature. Plus, we belong to Amazon Prime and always have our orders in 2 days and ALL the prime orders SHIP FREE! Gotta love freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, all the cards you shared are just wonderful! Great job on all the cards you made for OWH! I know they are very much appreciated. Now I'm off to see how many points I have to see if there is an Amazon shopping spree on the menu for tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, Looks like another great collection of cards. I adore those little penguin... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! I absolutely LOVE the wiggle eyes on the penguins!! Love that your nieces are keeping a count too! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards! I see someone mentioned you can use your Discover card points on Amazon, too. I was able to make Christmas go farther with this little perk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane, all your cards are terrific! Love the little penguins on the sketch card and all the lovely yellow paper. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10