Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Suave Dude, A Super Hero and Another Pirate!

Greetings! I have a few cards to share today.
The Midweek Throwdown at OWH (Operation Write Home) this week is to make a masculine Thinking of You card. As Sandy explained, this category covers anything that is not missing you, love, birthday or thank you.
So, my very suave gent fits the category!


Today's OWH sketch is based on a card by the uber talented Carol:
223

I had to tweak the dimensions a little since the Penny Black stamp (artist- one of my favorites- Mo Manning) was larger than the sketch block. I also placed my embellishment on the bottom right as I felt the dad was a heavier image- so it needed some balance.

The ODBD challenge for May is to use embossing...I chose to use a star embossing folder. Is this MFT gal not the greatest? What a cool super hero! I also love the dies that coordinate with the stamp set.


And a new-to-me challenge site is
 http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
This is an awesome site- cards for guys- this is great inspiration as I try to make more masculine cards for OWH. The current challenge is to create a funny card.  I am loving this pirate set- the pirates are kind of goofy but cute! I added googly eyes to make him even more silly! I love the sentiment- I guess you can think of booty as a treasure or well... as a booty!


So that is it for the challenges for the week....I spent a good chunk of time this weekend making  cards for my nurses- did you know this is Nurses Week? I love that we get a whole week of recognition- when I first became a nurse- we had a day- maybe by the time I retire we will have a month- lol!
Have a wonderful week!
Thanks for visiting,
Diane

12 comments:

  1. What a great group of cards! I love how you rebalanced the Mo Manning card - perfect adjustments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All super cards and cute too. That super girl card just made me laugh out loud. Her face and her stance is just hilarious . Good nurses (of which I am sure you are an exceptional one) deserve recognition every day of the year. It was always my dream to become a nurse but I ended up in a family business for 33 years. Then my arthritis set in hard and my doctor told me to forget about going back to school and becoming a nurse. Oh well I'm not complaining, I had a great life being able to work with my Dad for all those years and watch his talents soar. I'm very glad we have such great nurses like yourself to help those of us who need you. Bless You and all the rest of your nurses. Enjoy the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a great group of cards, lots of variety, so wonderfully done! Happy Nurses Week too, I'm a nurse as well, I agree , we deserve a whole month to celebrate! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! That's a great tweaking of the sketch challenge, and all the images are so sweet. Happy nurses' week! I grew up on Sue Barton and Cherry Ames, and although I put my husband through grad school working as a nursing assistant in a maternity & delivery, I never made it to nursing school. But nurses remain among my favorite people & I've written some as heroines in books. Love them all! That's a great tweaking of the sketch challenge, and all the images are so sweet. Happy nurses' week! I grew up on Sue Barton and Cherry Ames, and although I put my husband through grad school working as a nursing assistant in maternity & delivery, I never made it to nursing school. But nurses remain among my favorite people & I've written some as heroines in my books. Thanks for all you do! .

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great cards! I love the pirate card which us nuttin' but FUN, and your take on the sketch is wonderful with that great image! NJ on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such super cards and all so different, love them all & I certainly think that little girl one will make somebody's day - just brilliant! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane, thanks for your visit to my blog & for your kind comments. I love that AI stamp of the guy in his recliner....actually, I love all AI stamps! Men are so hilarious with their remotes aren't they! Your cards are awesome...I really love that googly eyed pirate. See you around blogland!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are awesome! and the BEST nurse ever! (even though you almost let me choke to death! lol) can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous series of cards. I adore the little pirate guy! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great bunch of male cards, for me the pirates wobbly eyes make him my favourite! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to The Male Room, loved all of these cards but your pirate eyeing up his booty sure did make me giggle. Thanks for joining in with our challenge and we hope to see you again!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10