Saturday, May 31, 2014

Color Combination!

Greetings! This week OWH posted the MidWeek Throw Down challenge as usual on Wednesday. And this morning is the first chance I had to play along....actually I made a card very quickly on Wednesday nite but it was a card for a co-worker who is moving out of state....and I forgot to take a picture! LOL  So, this morning is my first chance at a second attempt! The challenge is pink and black or gray....great combination! I was inspired by Easter cards posted in Paper Creations, Spring 2014 magazine. The base was kraft and the bunnies and chicks were also kraft except for 1 pastel colored die...so stinkin cute! My card is different due to the colors I used but the idea is the same. I am still on my DCVW glitzy paper kick! I wish I could photograph it better! The sentiment is by MFT and the butterfly die is by Stamps of Life...I think! I sometimes take things out of the packaging and then forgot who makes them! The 
cardstock is by Simon Says Stamp- nice, thick, substantial paper!



I was recently promoted at work and we have 2 huge projects in the works, in addition to searching for my replacements- so work has been super busy with very long days!  But, I have had some pretty great weeks recently: 

  • A fun day with niece Jackie and her awesome son Sam-a true joy!   
  • Maggie is home from college so we got to hang out last weekend with Tessa and my sister. 
  • I had some great texts from my nephew who plays MiLB in Jackson,Tn. 
  • My boss sent me a gorgeous floral arrangement thanking me for my hard work- made by my uber talented floral designer sister Denise (and she did not even spill the beans that the arrangement was coming)! 
  • Cori is home from grad school! YAHOO for her accomplishments!
  •  I am having a spa day today with my BFF Nancy and William will be home for a bit in June! Tomorrow is a LSS yard sale then next week I get to hang with the fabulous Kelly and incredible Kathie at the stamp show in W. Springfield! Now- just get my Paigee home and life would be perfect! LOL 

I am truly blessed in my life and I try so hard not to forget that!

I hope you have a 'best week ever' this week! And yes, I am loving my new position at work...super long days but I am enjoying every minute...so it was a good change for me!
Thanks for stopping by,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. What a neat card and with the sentiment and one butterfly only with gray really works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for this challenge, Diane. Love those butterflies. Wow you have had all kinds of things going on lately. First off Congrats on your promotion, I know you are the type of person that puts her all into everything, so you deserved it. I'm very happy for you. Your family is gathering little by little and that is always great and a spa day to top everything off. So happy for you. I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to attend the show next week - Other plans with old friends that are in town for the weekend. You'll have to tell me all about it. Enjoy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the design and the pink and black look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10