Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day and Good Gracious- it's Glitter!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! We are having a warm, sunny day here in Massachusetts- sweet!!
So, if you are an OWHer- you know that glitter is like the enemy. But we all just love the sparkle and shine! I was at my LSS recently and saw card samples using Elizabeth Crafts peel offs and Silky Microfine Glitter. I kept touching and rubbing the glitter and it did not come off the card! Amazing! Absolutely Everything had a recent card class with these products but I could not attend.  I looked online for tutorials and liked what I saw so I purchased the glitter and the peel offs! Like all glitter- it makes an initial mess but when you burnish it into the paper and sticker- oh my- it does not come off! And you can color it with Copics! And it cleaned up easily with a baby wipe! I am in heaven! BUT.... I am fearful that the glitter just may come off between my shipping to Sandy, her packing and shipping to the troops and them flipping thru the cards-would the glitter hold up? Oh it is soooo pretty... I really want to be able to use it-- hmmm, what to do? I coated it with Glossy Accents and the glitter still shines thru! Yahoo! But- I am not always very patient and the GA takes a while to dry. Can I get the same look and still have it OWH safe?

Do you have the DCWV 6x6 paper pads? The Glitzy Glitter and the Twinkle Glints pads? I do- lots of them!! Oh my- put the peel off sticker onto the glitzy paper!  I colored with the copics easily on the silver and white papers! I used a light blue and I needed to use dark Copic colors- but it works! And I do not have to seal with the Glossy Accents! Way faster! Not as shiny and glittery- but a nice, fast and safe alternative!

Elizabeth Crafts Silky Microfine Glitter- coated with Glossy Accents; you can see a few bubbles and streaks-my first attempt at coating a large image!

In person- this is ultra shimmery!! Even thru the glossy accents! Colored with Copics. The black outline is the sticker- looks like it was embossed!

This was colored on the silver DCWV paper- not as shiny but still very pretty! My light is reflecting on the top flower- so there is a bit of a glare- but overall I am happy with an option! I used today's OWH sketch for the card: 
224



This picture shows my coloring in progress in the glittery paper: 

Here is a card for the current challenge at Words to Scrap By:



http://words2scrapby.blogspot.com/2014/05/w2sb-challenge-5-bloom-where-you-are.html

And a Midweek Throw Down card:


BTW, today's post is dedicated to my 'glitter safety' partner in crime, kelly!
Have a wonderful day and week!
Diane

9 comments:

  1. Diane, I think you've found a winner in doing the cards this way. Glittery without the chance of it falling off. I love all of your cards this week. Each one prettier than the last one. You've been a busy, productive girl. It is beautiful here in southeastern Ma. and hoping for some more nice days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy! Love the glitter discovery, which adds such a nice touch to your cards. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun technique! I love how it looks on the sketch card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! This really is a lovely technique; your cards have a stained glass effect! All I can say is that I get glitter everywhere (including on me) the couple of times I tried it, which means I could get it on my OWH cards, so I don't use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Diane.

    I'm totally on board with Sherry's stained glass comment. This technique is amazing! Thanks for the details on how you made these pretty cards.

    And, thanks for joining us for this month's Bloom Where You Are Planted challenge at W2SB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used these products on my OWH cards for quite awhile. Sandy hasn't said I can't. I have tried to make the glitter come off and it just stays put on the card. Before I sent my first card with it, I let it sit on my desk for a long time. Each time I looked at it, I rubbed it glitter side down on my clothing. None of it ever came off. I love the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Fantastic detail! I would love for you to check out my blog. I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com Amy A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the dedication of such besutiful and glittery cards! such talent. we know we love glitter andwe can use it and sleep soundly!! yeah you! know teach me! lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10