Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Still Hopping!

Hello! I am still checking out all of the cards posted for the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop- wow- lots of fabulous inspiration!
The sketch for this Sunday is another great layout:
                                            226


This cutie is by My Favorite Things. I paper pieced his overalls, bandanna and hat. This card came together very quickly. I stamped his train on the inside of the card- a tiny little train in the corner. I do not usually stamp anything on the inside of my cards. I liked the train but it did not seem to fit anywhere on the card's design...so inside it went. And yup- I forgot to take a picture!

A few more quick cards!  I used the peel offs by Elizabeth Crafts.They look delicate but they are very sturdy and easy to remove from the backing sheet; they feel like vinyl. I have a few owl stamps and I tend to color them with realistic colors but I thought crazy colors go better with the shiny DCWV paper! A few quick swipes with Copic markers and a circle cut with a Spellbinder's circle die- and that was about it! The colors are much more vibrant in real life-I am having trouble lately with my pix-either too dark or too much light! I love the look of glitter but love even more that these are OWH safe cards!




Have a great week and thanks for visiting!
Diane

2 comments:

  1. Some beautiful card here Diane. I love that little conductor in your first card and I'll bet the little train is precious on the inside. Your owl card has a beautiful shine to it and I really like the wild colors. Your last card lovely and your dashes edges make the focal image pop. Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy! Both are really great. Such labor of love with the little conductor, perfect paper piecing, and I just love the plaid matting. Adds lots of unexpected visual umph!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10