Tuesday, July 1, 2014

UR Simply the Best!

Happy July! Wow- this year is flying by so quickly!
I have 2 cards to share today.
The first card is for the midweek throwdown at OWH- to make a missing you card for a child. I do not have the Mama Elephant OWH fundraiser stamp set we were challenged to use- so I used a funny little critter from a Hero Arts fundraiser set!



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
My next card was created based on the sketch this week at OWH. I really like MFT stamps!
                                                                                        


I signed up for a class at my LSS Absolutely Everything a while ago...and boy am I glad I did!  The class was on Sunday and I, once again, had a full weekend but I am so happy I made time to take the class. It was taught by Sandy Allnock and I met a few other OWH cardmakers taking the class too! I was so impressed- not only with Sandy's skill with copics- but her speed! Wow- can she color!  My card was not a masterpiece- but I learned a lot and have added a few items to my wish list! Convince me that I have room and the need for the Copic airbrush compressor! Or convince me that I do not need it! I enjoyed airbrushing- but will I do it enough to make the purchase worth it? 

Gotta run- have a wonderful and safe Independence Day weekend!
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love how the tree background goes so well with the squirrel. Your lady card is very graceful, nice coloring. Don't compare yourself to the pro, yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards! Love how you've mixed the patterns and colors. Great take on this week's sketch... adorable image and love how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are just precious I could not even pick a favorite. Great paper choices on both of them. So glad you enjoyed your class at AE. As for the air brush system. I had it in my cart from a store and then thought it over and decided I probably would not use it anywhere near enough to warrant spending that type of money. So I am air brush-less! I don't even use the Cricuit any more at all now that I don't scrap book. Well I do hope you don't have to work over the holiday weekend, but if you do, try to enjoy anyway, if not really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10