Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Male Room, Words to Scrap By & the Monthly OWH ODBD Challenges

Hi, I have a few more cards and challenges to share today.
You really should go to The Male Room and check out their challenges. Some of us struggle to make cards for the gents and this site helps us to create better guy cards! The design team is so inspirational but you also need to look at all the cards of the ladies who participate in the challenges. Loads of creativity and thinking outside the box over at http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
The current challenge is to make an autumn card...now my first thought was to make a football card- fall, the US, football- perfect! But then I thought- I am doing these challenges to push myself creatively so I went a different route.  Since I send my cards to OWH, I wanted to stick with a useful sentiment.  I think the crimped paper and the CTMH triangle embellishments add to a more masculine feel.  I placed the Elizabeth Crafts peel offs on to Copic Xpress It paper and colored them with Copics. The sentiment was stamped on vellum.
 
Words to Scrap By also has a seasonal challenge this month so I went more girly this time with a MFT Pure Innocence stamp.
 

And finally we have this month's Our Daily Bread Designs challenge at Operation Write Home...create our own background. I used distress inks and a stencil and then cut the panel. I adhered it to black paper then used Delicata Gold ink thru another stencil.

Thanks for visiting,
Diane


5 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! That background is pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diane.

    I always look forward to your card creations.. and this set of cards is wonderful! Love the sentiment on vellum and corrugated background on the first card, the palette of the second card, and the background of the third card. :)

    Thanks so much for joining our September challenge at Words 2 Scrap By! We truly appreciate your loyal support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these cards are just fab! I love the crimped background and big pile of pumpkins - perfect for our autumn/fall theme. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great (as usual :-)! I am partial to the MFT Pure Innocence image and so glad you shared it in the Words 2 Scrap By Challenge for September. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative group of cards! I love how you used different levels of color saturation on your MFT pumpkins. Great look! Thanks for playing with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10