Saturday, January 24, 2015

Tuesday Morning Sketches, OWH and Male Room Challenges

Hello, 
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.  I have 3 cards to share today.   Here is a great sketch featured this week at
http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/
                  


The gal, the flower and the bench are colored with copics and her shirt is paper pieced. Hmmm, her hair looks like it has white streaks or maybe some dandruff.....I find it so funny how a card looks good to me until I see it in a photo!

Our mid- month challenge at Operation Write Home was to create a thank you card.
http://operationwritehome.org/january-mid-month-throwdown-thank-you/ 
I have a few dies that I had fun playing with- simple but I really like the red, black and yellow color combination.
And my last card is for The Male Room- for the shades of blue challenge.  
http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/challenge-0215-shades-of-blue.html

I used some yellow paper to break up all the blues. And I coated a MFT die cut of the world with glossy accents...it seemed really flat without the gloss and I like it in real life! I cut the die in white and the greenish blue of the land. I  colored the water sections of the white die with copic markers and layered this over the green die...way easier than trying to piece all the sections of land into the die!
Have a great week and go make some cards!
Diane

4 comments:

  1. Three sweet cards, Diane. Love those pretty flowers on the paper in your first card. Great paper piecing job also. Your second card just made me smile. Someone will know they are appreciated. Third card is darling and I love the Glossy Accents on the universe. It really "makes" it. Have a good day. Hope you are not snowed in and don't have too much again Monday. We got about 5 inches all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic set of cards Diane,Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super series of cards. I like the card you made for our Shades of Blue - super theme too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback on my posts! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

01 09 10